- Ensuring the accurate and timely end to end processing of the monthly payroll for the Company
- Accurately calculating and processing BIK deductions for a significant Company fleet
- Administering third party deductions, i.e. Pension, VHI, Social Welfare, BIK, LPT
- Completing control checks prior to transmitting the final monthly payment
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure payroll accruals are accurate
- Managing the payroll email inbox and deal with all payroll and benefit related queries in a timely manner
- Prepare and compile specialised payroll reports
- Keep up to date with Revenue on line services i.e. RPN’s and payroll submissions
- Keep up to date with legislative changes including employment, taxation and social welfare which impact on payroll and advise other team members and management on same
- Accurate and timely processing and completion of payroll year end
- Complete reports for pension brokers and CSO.
- Ensure that an attendance report is run weekly and all gaps are addressed in a timely manner as this is essential for the smooth operation of the monthly payroll.
- Be a super user of the time and attendance system (Softworks)
- Monitoring hours worked to ensure compliance with working time legislation and highlight any concerns to HR Director.
- Manage annual leave entitlements in line with company policy to ensure employees do not exceed entitlement and highlight any concerns to line management.
- Responding to all payroll queries for employees
- Liaise with auditors on an annual basis
- Provide advice on all types of leave including statutory and Company
- Assist with administrative duties within the HR Department such as issuing of contracts
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by Management
The successful candidate must:
- Have or be working towards a payroll qualification
- Have a minimum of 2 years recent experience in a similar role covering end to end payroll processing
- Have experience in managing a large (in-house) payroll i.e. in excess of 100 employees
- Have experience in updating and maintaining a time and attendance system
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and integrity
- Possess the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be a confident communicator both verbal and written
- Proficient user of MS Office, particularly Excel
Preference will be given to those candidates who, in addition to the above criteria, have experience in calculating Benefit in Kind for a company fleet, have payroll experience within the HR function, and of working with SAGE MicroPay including Advanced Report Writer.