We need a dynamic, fearless and personal Payroll Manager to lead our Payroll Department through our next period of growth. This person will possess extensive experience in managing a Payroll team in a fast-paced working environment. They will possess the leadership skills to train and develop their Payroll team and will also possess the communication skills to engage with all stakeholders and employees across a diverse business model. Attention to detail, discretion and confidentiality are a prerequisite for this business-critical role. The person will have delivered tangible improvements in automation, training and the establishment of insightful business intelligence in the area of Payroll and remuneration and will have trained and developed their team to deliver best in class support to the whole organisation.
1. Responsible for overseeing and managing the preparation and processing of weekly payroll for over 2,000 employees in ROI, UK, NI and IOM by the Payroll Team.
2. Overseeing the preparation and processing for monthly payroll for c. 500 employees in ROI, UK, NI and Gibraltar by the Payroll Team.
3. Ensure all weekly and monthly reports are prepared and circulated to all relevant stakeholders together with insight and commentary as to trends and variances.
4. Provide regular reporting (e.g. holiday balances) to all stakeholders.
5. Responsible for the coordination efforts between Payroll, Human Resources, Finance, and other departments to ensure the timely and accurate flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports).
6. Establish/maintain employee records. Ensure that any amendments to employee master data are entered correctly and completed on a timely basis. Review changes for appropriate authorization and adherence to company and regulatory policies including compliance with local regulations.
7. Authorise and submit banking payments for both weekly and monthly payroll and associated payroll deductions.
8. Ensure that weekly and monthly nominal journals entries are accurate and posted in a timely manner.
9. Ensure all mandatory deductions are updated in line with any business or regulatory changes.
10. Ensure the appropriate engagement and support in the area of query resolution is provided by the Payroll team to all employees.
11. Submit monthly returns for all jurisdictions (ROI, UK and NI, IOM and Gibraltar) to the relevant authorities including the reconciliation of same to internal reports.
12. Drive improvements in reporting automation and business insights across the payroll Team.
13. Provide Training and Support across the business for all areas relating to Payroll including the further development of Timesheet automation.
1. Payroll Qualification in IPASS or equivalent is essential.
2. 5+ years managing and leading a Payroll Department
3. Extensive skills in the use of MS Office suite.
4. Expert level experience in the use of Megapay or equivalent.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
6. Excellent problem solving/judgement skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
7. Strong organizational and leadership skills and the ability to work under pressure.
8. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
9. Willingness to learn, adapt and improve on current business processes.