Payroll Specialist Responsibilities
Working as part of a busy HR Department your responsibility will be to process a monthly Payroll for over 300 employees. Your duties will include the preparation and administration of monthly payrolls, managing and monitoring the company’s time and attendance system as well as acting as point of contact for any payroll-related queries.
- Generate a weekly attendance report and address any gaps or issues in a timely manner
- Monitor hours worked to ensure compliance with working time legislation and highlight any concerns to HR Director.
- Manage annual leave entitlements in line with company policy
- Respond to all payroll-related queries from employees and advise on all holiday entitlements and leave
- Liaise with auditors on an annual basis
- Monitor and maintain the company’s time and attendance system (Softworks)
- Assist with administrative duties within the HR Department such as issuing of contracts
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management
A suitably qualified candidate will:
- Be familiar with, and have experience in updating and maintaining a time and attendance system
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role covering end to end payroll processing
- Have experience in managing a similar in-house payroll (i.e. in excess of 100 employees)
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Possess the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be a confident verbal and written communicator
- Be a proficient user of MS Office, particularly Excel.
Preference will be given to those candidates who, in addition to the above criteria, have experience in calculating Benefit in Kind for a company fleet, have payroll experience within the HR function, and are adept with SAGE MicroPay including Advanced Report Writer.